Today is my Mom's birthday
April 25, 2012
I want to spend the whole day remembering the days how I grew up with my mother's care and tender love. I can still remember when she was preparing my 'outfit' for FLORES de Mayo and telling me to go to grandma's garden to pick flowers. She was screaming while doing my hair's TERINTA's style. She maybe failed to assist me with my school activities but knowing she's proud of my school achievements made me happy.
I've had known her as very much organized and clean @ home. She taught me how to arrange clothes and how to put it in the closets. She taught us in our childhood days to become responsible in our house called home, that's why I've had learned to cook in my teen age years.And at the age of three, yes, I already know how to cook fried rice, eggs and make some delicious LUTONG BAHAY. Only some changes happened when she entered into politics.
When I was a child, I was afraid when she was going out, I didn't want her off my eyes. I was afraid of my siblings and of Tatay's. I also can still remember the bygone days in my high school life, I used to tell her all my undertakings and even about the guys who tried to woe me. She used to advise me to be polite even to those guys I didn't like. She told me about her love life with Tatay- that I must behave and take care of my DIGNITY. Indeed, the power of tongue is true. All that she had told me, may it be blessing or a curse.... happened to me.
The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~Honoré de Balzac
Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family. Having both - is a blessing. ~Donna Hedges
Family quarrels are bitter things. They don't go by any rules. They're not like aches or wounds; they're more like splits in the skin that won't heal because there's not enough material. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted. ~Paul Pearshall
What I love most about me and Nanay is this:
Mother's love grows by giving.
~Charles Lamb
Mirror, mirror on the wall
~Charles Lamb
Mirror, mirror on the wall
I am my mother after all!

My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write,
I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother.
Nanay is not selfish to extend to me all that she had. And all that is mine she cares... like my son!
The tie which links mother and child
is of such pure and immaculate strength
as to be never violated.
~Washington Irving
This is how I prayed always to God, to let my mother see how I am changing and let her dreams come true to see me what she wants me to be:
Youth fades; love droops;
the leaves of friendship fall;
A mother's secret hope outlives them all.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes
Mother - that was the bank
where we deposited
all our hurts and worries.
~T. DeWitt Talmage
Today, before the end of the day......
Thank you very much and I want you to know that all my life, I will always love you!!!
To watch video slide show I create as my presents to her birthday, click the link below:
https://d1jv1rn8vt0ss.cloudfront.net/slidesong/view/image/ssh/9dbd3056e286be64ea5fbffee2538792/s/homepage/v/2

.jpg)










hi uella..1st time to see your blog, nice one..keep it coming! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks 'laine :) nainspired mo rin ako :) God bless :)
ReplyDelete